Thursday, June 10, 2010

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!







This is the final result from my cute lime green cutlery adventures...



Initially, as we were only allowed to use multiples of the one item, by simply playing around and experimenting with different cutlery formations as presented in the previous post, I discovered that as a brittle and strong material, the cutlery seemed to work best when manipulated to form structures, almost like building beams.



By interweaving and supergluing knifes, and segmented knife pieces into triangular formations, I was able to create this vibrantly coloured and oversized necklace. As we had to create something wearable, I though I would pay a little hommage to my obsession with large and chunky jewellery! Finally, I linked the formations together with cut fluro pink balloons which formed long, flexible ribbons that abled the neckpiece to hang comfortably when worn. The use of the extra material was the one exception of the project, where we were able to borrow and little something from our neighbour. Hello pink balloons! I chose hot pink to both contrast and compliment the brightness of the lime green cutlery pieces, and use of the white triangle to break the reptition to create a sense of shock or disruption within the piece which I quite like.



No comments:

Post a Comment