Monday, March 22, 2010

So I see you've played knifey-spoony before...

For our task this week we were instructed to bring in a random material, as long as it came in multiples! My choice: Lime coloured plastic party cutlery! - the stuff mum gives you as a kid to take to school so you don't go tossing out all her good spoons.





Above are a few images of my fiddly little attempts to make models using solely the cutlery and heavy duty super glue (ew, nasty stuff). I enjoyed working with the plastic and loved the vibrant colour, although they proved to be a bit of a challenge to manipulate as they were quite brittle, limiting my models slightly. So after a good play around, with small pieces of plastic ricocheting off each wall, I was left with few options... snapping, arranging and gluing!



I then progressed to creating a wearable piece, a neckpiece constructed from plastic knifes glued into triangle arrangements of varying sizes and interlinked. Due to my crappy glue, the piece needs to be re-worked, but here are some basic photos so you can see what I'm on about...


Stay tuned for the final piece!






1 comment: